What is Hispaania Maja?
Is so much more than just a language school. We don’t only teach Spanish, but take you to a journey to unveil a whole world of Spanish culture, enabling you to experience the language in a completely new way. Over the years, we have built our centre for Spanish language and culture, turning it into a place so rich in diversity as the Spanish language itself. Hispaania Maja is a language school for adults and children, a bookstore, a private teacher, an arranger of intensive courses in Spain and Latin America, a direct importer of study materials, a teacher trainer, a Spanish food and wine promoter, a virtual teacher on your computer screen or just a place to meet friendly faces. Even this list does not cover everything, but one thing is for sure – our doors are always open to every Spanish language and culture enthusiast.
Three classrooms: one on the ground floor for up to ten students, a spacious attic classroom for up to 12 students and a porch full of light to give private lessons for up to five students. We also house the biggest bookshop in Estonia dedicated to Spanish language and culture, offering study books, grammar books, dictionaries, literature and cookbooks at the best prices. Our new centre, a 18th century manor house with a spacious veranda and even a fully equipped professional kitchen, is the perfect place to celebrate events and short courses. And as it is extremely important for us to bring Northern and Spanish cultures closer together, we also offer a wide range of translated literature: Spanish literature in Estonian; and Estonian, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish literature in Spanish.
The best location:
Hispaania Maja is situated in the 18th century Sprinckthal manor house in the heart of Tondi neighbourhood, being within easy reach from the city centre, but also the surrounding neighbourhoods. We are conveniently connected to public transport – it only takes 7 minutes from Tallinn’s train station (Balti jaam) to get here, and there are buses and trams to the city centre every other minute. Tondi train and tram stops are just a stone throw’s away, the closest bus stops are Tondi, Västriku and Nõmme tee. For car drivers, there are lots of parking spaces in our backyard and the surrounding streets – for free! But there’s even more: our activities reach far beyond our centre in Tondi, because we also arrange intensive language courses in Spain and Latin America and bring Spanish courses to your workplace.
Why choose Hispaania Maja?
- Spanish is our teacher’s mother tongue. The teachers are experienced, ingenious and enthusiastic
- Hispaania Maja was the first centre in Estonia to offer Spanish courses based on the communicative language teaching approach
- Small groups and the lesson structure promote active participation and encourage you to speak Spanish from the very first day
- We have morning, day and evening courses and offer customized timetables for those who prefer private lessons
- Courses even in your workplace or through video call
- Possibility to learn in our partner schools in Spain and Latin America, at any level
- The biggest selection of Spanish study materials and literature in our bookshop located at Hispaania Maja or through our e-shop with delivery service all over Estonia
- Warm and cozy atmosphere – language learning tends to continue even after class and there are many extracurricular activities
- Free parking in the backyard
- Hispaania Maja has an educational licence issued by the Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, so that our students can apply for income tax exemption